Craft Room Storage Ideas

I am so happy when I figure out Craft Room Storage Ideas!

Craft Room Storage Ideas

Craft Room Storage Ideas | TodaysCreativeBlog.net

I am always on a quest for the perfect solutions for craft supply storage. Craft supplies can take over FAST if you don’t have a system, and sadly, my system is flawed.

This month as one of the Lowe’s Creative Ideas Team Members, our challenge was Organization Solutions. Well since the holiday’s left my craft room in the worse shape it’s ever been…..like path messy…..you know, when you only have a path.  It’s 80% cleaned up, but there is still a lot of work to do.

Craft Room Storage Ideas | TodaysCreativeBlog.net

My craft paints were outgrowing the top of a shelf (an ugly shelf I got for free from a yard sale). It was a temporary spot in the first place, but like many things, we don’t look for a solution until it’s out of control. I have so many bottles, it was getting hard to find what I needed, and they would tip over and fall ALL THE TIME! It was starting to really annoy me.

As I searched Lowe’s for ideas, I remembered people making some really clever storage ideas with PVC pipes. Aha! Now I was on to something. I found ones that didn’t even need cutting…..the official name is a coupling fitting. I would have used the 6 inch, but my location only had the 4 inch.Craft Room Storage Ideas | TodaysCreativeBlog.net

This was SO easy, I didn’t even have to ask my husband for help once! True.

How to Make PVC Storage

Craft Room Storage Ideas | TodaysCreativeBlog.net

1. Grab as many of the PVC Pipe Couplings you think you’ll need. These were only a few dollars each.
  2. After I figured out the design I wanted, I used my favorite E6000 glue. I have to warn you though……it’s smelly. I would use it in a well ventilated room.
  3. I glued my 3 lines together, using a foam brush as a wedge to keep them from rolling away from each other. Let dry for 24 hours.
  4. Glue and assemble your design.

I was going to hang it on the wall, and I may still do that, especially since it looks like I need to make another one………I have way too much paint, but for now, I love it on my table.  It was also looking a little plain jane to me, so I grabbed my washi tape for a quick makeover and made life better.

Craft Room Storage Ideas | TodaysCreativeBlog.net

I love it! Now I can see what I have and what I don’t have. It’s not falling over all the time and I just think it looks so cute!

Craft Room Storage Ideas | TodaysCreativeBlog.net

These PVC pipes could store so many different things. My friend Beth from Home Stories A to Z created shoe storage for her adorable entry.

Looking for more DIY Inspiration? Sign up for the Creative Ideas Magazine. It’s free. Just click on the image below.

Lowe's Creative Ideas | TodaysCreativeBlog.net

As a Creative Ideas Team Member, I received a Lowe’s gift card to complete this project. All opinions are mine and all mine.

Comments

That’s awesome! At first I thought you had 1,000 copic markers, but one I see! The bottoms of the little paint bottles! They look so much nicer that way!

Great idea. I’m thinking the 6 inch PVC pipes might have made it more difficult to pull out the paint bottles due to the depth…with the 4″ ones, you can just grab what you need.

• says

Hmmmm, I never thought of that. I think the depth would have been the same, but the diameter would have been bigger.

3. Donna says

I also have used inexpensive (garage sale) wooden cd holders. The look like little crates. Lay them on their side and the bottles fit in perfectly I have 4 of them on a shelf above my work station!

4. Melanie P says

I love this!! I have the same problem, so this is perfect! Thanks! I can’t wait to give it a try

5. carie w-f says

Hoping we can change our shoe storage, excellent link! Now to sift through craft supplies so it isn’t a boring storage:)

Kim, this is so smart. I swear that PVC pipe is one of those super useful things that people use in many different parts of their lives. I use a longer pipe to warm up at CrossFit ;)

7. Rocky says

Cool project!

I could see these working on a workbench desktop or as a stand alone shelf on
    the wall to free up countertop space.

Since you are getting the PVC from the plumbing department of the home store,
    why not use the same cement they have for plumbing? It’s is made for PVC and
    it sets up in a few minutes.

Also, a 10ft 4″ diameter schedule 40 pipe is listed at $20.00 You can get 30 4″ long sections
    (with the added cost of time and being able to saw a pipe with square ends.)
    If you buy pvc in pipe, it also has the specifications marked on the outside which
    would have to be painted over or covered to give it a more finished look.

Using the precut couplings is less effort, but at $1.84 each for the same
    amount of cash, you get 10 to 11 units, 1/3rd the amount of the equivalent cost in pipe.

• says

Hey Rocky, My husband actually suggested the same glue. It may have been quicker, but I was fine using what I had on hand…..I’m stubborn like that. I looked at the longer pipe, but I wanted clean edges and really……I didn’t want to mess with the cutting.

8. Margaret Byers says

this is a wonderful idea and gave me another one to do with these.. with my black chalk painted frig and freezer, use these for the colored chalk! Thanks

This.Is.Genius. I searched “paint storage” on Pinterest and this was at the top of the page. PERFECT!!!!!! I’m the same way, if it’s put away I completely forget about it. I may do this TODAY! Thank you SO much for sharing!!!!!

Love, love, love this!! I am in the middle of organizing my craft nook and this is perfect. I have a pegboard where I store everything. If I wanted to hang this on my pegboard, how would you suggest I’d do it? Thanks

11. Anna says

I also use PVC pipe but I use the smaller pipe couplers and have the bottles standing on end. I bought the Swivel & Store spice racks and crazy glued the pipe fittings to that and it works great.

Pinterest is where I am constantly saying to myself, “why didn’t I think of that!” I love this idea. Thank you for sharing and to all the other creative people out there.