I’m pretty excited to be asked to work with Avocados From Mexico “Spring for Amazing Avocados“campaign. I mean who doesn’t love a good avocado? When I heard they would be sending me a box of avocados, and they were offering an amazing giveaway package to one of my readers…….seriously, how could I say no? I’ve made recipes in the past using avocados and was excited to get creative again……BUT, this time they wanted me to think outside the kitchen. OUT SIDE THE KITCHEN!!! WHAT? No recipe?
GAME ON! Bring it! I did what any creative blogger would do (after I panicked), I asked all my TCB facebook fans for their ideas to get my creative mojo flowing. Lots of great ideas from those gals!
I could make a beauty product with all my Avocados from Mexico for my 51 year old face, or maybe paint them up like Easter Eggs, but what I decided to try was a sugar application! I’ve always loved the sugared fruit I see around the holidays, so why not sugar up some avocados for an Easter Table Centerpiece? They’re shaped like eggs, so it would be perfect!
This was SO easy, I’m surprised I haven’t tried this before.
- Gather your supplies: Baking sheet, baking rack, avocados, sugar, basting brush, egg whites.
- In your bowl, separate the egg yolk, using just the egg white. Slightly beat.
- Placing your Avocado onto your baking rack, and gently brush a thin coat of egg whites onto the fruit
- Sprinkle your sugar on one section at a time, using a fork to push the fruit over to sprinkle the rest. You may need more than one coat of sugar.
Avocados from Mexico are Hass avocados, which I didn’t know. All I knew is, I love them and you can get them year round. I was also pleased to learn they provide nearly 20 vitamins and minerals per one ounce serving. Add the fact that they have the “good fats” we need, I’m sold! You notice I only used 3 for my centerpiece………that means I am eating the rest they sent me. I’m no dummy!
The giveaway! Did you think I’d forget about you guys? I know you love Avocado’s from Mexico as much as I do.
One reader will win an Avocados from Mexico Prize Pack (retail value $50).
The prize pack will include:
- a copy of Chef Roberto Santibañez’ cookbook, Truly Mexican
- an “I <3 Avocado” t-shirt; a time-saving avocado slicer
- and a $10 gift card to an area retailer where Avocados from Mexico are sold.
Ready to enter?
THIS GIVEAWAY IS OVER
- Leave me a comment – Tell me what “non- kitchen” idea you would have made.
- Extra entry – Tweet the following “Gotta win this Avocado prize pack from @TCreativeBlogs & @AmazingAvocado #AvocadoTwist http://ht.ly/jemV5 ”
- Extra entry – Join their Pinterest Board
- Giveaway ends Friday, March 29th. 5pm
This is a sponsored post from One2One Network and Avocados from Mexico. All opinions stated are my own.