Channeling my Inner Martha

I have been BIZ-ZAY!

A couple of weeks ago, I was sent the most glorious box FULL of the NEW Martha Stewart Supplies.  These supplies hadn’t even been released yet to the public.  I was feeling pretty special……then it hit me.  I actually had to craft.  I had to make something look really good.  I had to look talented like so many of my featured bloggers. Fake it til you Make it…………right?

I should have started with an easier project………just to get my crafty fingers warmed up.  But like everything I do, I just jump in and hope for the best.  I had this old table on my deck and thought the drawers would be really cute stenciled. martha stewart mulit-surface paint And they do look cute…….but they would look way cuter if the painter {me} actually took the time to line up the stencils.  My son was very impressed, so I figured it was OK. Even though there is room for improvement, I love it!

I love all the tools Martha has with this line.  I used the roller sponge brush to apply the stencil.  You just take the paint top off and put the roller on.  Couldn’t be easier.

martha stewart mulit-surface paintThe paints are Multi-Surface and come in many choices and colors.  Satin, High Gloss, Glitter, Pearl. I worked with the Satin and Pearl.  Both applied nicely. I LOVE all the application choices. martha stewart craft paint Rollers, dabbers, brushes……you name it, they have a special tool.  The tools have nice feeling handles that they claim for ergonomically designed….all I know is, I like the soft grip. martha stewart mulit-surface paint

The adhesive stencils were a dream to work with.  Just stick them on and work your magic.  That’s what I used for the Frosted glass, the light switch and the black lid.  So many styles…….but as you can see, I really like the design I used on my table.

I did break out the cute circle to pretty up my wine gift I was giving to my friend.  martha stewart multi-purpose paintGiving wine in a brown paper bag is pretty tacky……..unless you wave your Martha wand.

All the NEW Martha Stewart by Plaid Stencils, paints and tools can be exclusively found at Michaels.

Kim

Kim

Owner/Editor at Today's Creative Blog
Since 2007, Kim has been sharing tips and tutorials on how to live a creative life. Owner/editor of Today's Creative Blog and InspirationDIY.com where inspiration happens everyday! From the Pacific Northwest, Kim is a busy mom who adores her teen son, her middle aged husband and is constantly wiping the muddy paws of her adorable Labradoodle Maybelline. In her spare time, she teaches fitness classes and loves to decorate with thrift store bargains. You can also find Kim once a month on Portland's AMNW Morning show as their "creative expert". Life is more fun when it's creative!
Kim
Kim
Kim

Kim

Kim

Latest posts by Kim (see all)

Comments

I am really impressed. Look at the the projects you did! I was thinking of using that same stencil on a little table I have. Love it on the frame as well.

2. nitasha says

Gorgeous projects! I’m hoping to play with my Martha goodies this weekend. So excited about the cute little rollers and dabbers that fit right onto the bottle! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

YOU crack me up with the make it/fake it line…have you had the Bethenny skinny margarita mix?//LOL…very cool project and once it’s released, you know everybody’s gonna copy it. I’d like to get one of these to re/upcycle some canisters I have that have been sitting in the closet for a bit.

4. nik says

The table looks terrific…lining up is for amateurs! :)
    These would be great for a dresser that I have…has some hideous teal paint on it that needs to be changed and stenciled up. Thanks for the review…cheers!

The table is gorgeous! I love that blue on the black….so striking. Great job and I’m sure Martha will be proud! Thanks for sharing!

Okay, don’t tell me you can’t paint . . . these are darling! You did so many projects! I was skeered to try stencils again after 15 years {craftFAIL} but I have to admit, these were pretty easy.

Love the desk! I love the asymmetry of the drawers too! What color is that? Surf? And the switchplate is too cute! I gotta try that now. Great projects, Kim!

Man, even with all the goodies they shipped, I still want ALL 160 colors!!! Went to Michael’s yesterday and they were cleaned out. Don’t suppose that had anything to do with a fantastic group of bloggers ??? (nah, paint is 40% off :D)

7. Katie from Sew Woodsy says

Ahhh! I love all of your projects you made. I think everyone is in a Martha trance! I love it!

8. katie from Sew Woodsy says

I love all of your projects. I’m really digging the picture frame! So many options of stuff to create so little time! I think we are all on a Martha craze creating all sorts of cool projects!

I really oughta try these… i am seeing it everywhere and that roller looks “easy” enough! i love it, very impressed!

I think the wand took is genius for stenciling! How great that you got the chance to test drive these products. I love your results. ;)
    msartist03 / Theresa

11. Lisa says

Your table looks fantastic with that pop of color on the front! I’ve been seeing the new Martha/Plaid line being used all over blog-land and I am anxious to try them out. Love that little sponge roller and how it attaches to the paint bottle!

12. Carey says

Fun stuff! I love the little white frame in the center/bottom. That looks like a craft I could do with girlfriends during a morning of crafting. Thanks for sharing!