New Years Eve 2010 {appetizers}

It’s almost here.  New Years Eve 2010!  The years end.  What do you have planned for New Years Eve?  Do you have any New Years Eve Traditions?

Whether your going to a party or staying at home, you may want to start planning your appetizers.

24/7  MOMS is on it.

They have a few ideas that look kid friendly too.  I found Trisha through one of my BFFs Valerie. Val occasionally helps her out with her weekly podcasts. They have one every Tuesday.  My friend Valerie who was also a past feature is the queen of traditions and setting a table.

New Years Eve Appetizers

I love these ideas.  You could use them for other times of the year too, not just for New Years Eve.  I love that they are EASY and quick!  I don’t know about you, but I’m not the best cook in the world, so if I can make something yummy to share with friends, I’m happy…….and so are they.

All these recipes are on her site.

Olive Cheese Balls!

Yum!

The Salami Thing

This name cracks me up.  It also looks like something my mother used to make, but she would make it with that thin processed deli meat in a package……I think we called them Processed Fake Meat Things.  :)  Seriously……if you smear cream cheese on just about anything…..it will taste good.  My mom would add pineapple to the cream cheese, which I thought she may as well name it vomit…….but now that I’m an adult with a much more refined palette…….I like pineapple mixed with cream cheese.  Who knew? My son loves Salami and he loves cream cheese……I may have to make these.

Lil’ Smokies

The tried and true appetizer for all events………it’s a must in our couples bunco group.

Who doesn’t love lil’ smokies? They’re like mini pigs in a blanket.  Oh how I love thee……..

Head on over to 24/7 Mom’s to see the full recipes and all her other articles.

What are your plans?  Do you have a favorite appetizer?

********************

Free Canvas offer expires Dec 31st.

Need more Inspiration? Check out my “a” list.

All comments in the month of December are entered to win a Lisa Leonard Necklace. {she's have a big sale right now}

Kim

Kim

Owner/Founder at Today's Creative Blog
Since 2007, Kim has been sharing tips and tutorials on how to live a creative life. Owner/Founder of Today's Creative Blog and InspirationDIY.com where inspiration happens everyday! From the Pacific Northwest, Kim is a busy mom who adores her teen son, her middle aged husband and is constantly wiping the muddy paws of her adorable Labradoodle Maybelline. In her spare time, she teaches fitness classes and loves to decorate with thrift store bargains. You can also find Kim once a month on Portland's AMNW Morning show as their "creative expert". Life is more fun when it's creative!
Kim

Kim

Kim
Kim

Kim

Kim

Latest posts by Kim (see all)

Comments

1. Gramma Teetsie says

Pigs in a blanket? They look a little weird but are delicious. My Dad used to think pickled herring (not sure of the spelling so please excuse that) eaten at midnight would bring you prosperity and health in the New Year. Could not even stand the smell or sight of it and maybe that is why I am poor and getting old. So I (if I have people over) just stick to chips and dips, meatballs, salads etc.
    now to you and all your followers: A Very HAPPY NEW YEAR and may you all be healthy and rich. Even if you don’t eat pickled herring.

2. Arlene says

Kim, thanks so much for all the “sharing” you do. Great ideas!! We’ll be spending New Year’s Eve with friends – going to dinner, back to a friend’s home to watch a great movie entitled “Star of Bethlehem” and then pigging out on decadent desserts as we ring in the new year. Arlene from theroseyposey.com. My blog will feature new hats for 2011.

3. EFY says

Some fun ideas…not sure my family would go for the olive cheese balls… I love to put meatballs in a crock pot with BBQ sauce and the crowds always love them. Blessings!

4. Kate says

One of our favorite family appetizers are “GLT’S”….Great Little Tomatos! Cut the very top half off a little tomato and scoop the insides out with a spoon. Mix Hormel Bacon Bits with Mayo and stuff into tomato. Top with fine shredded lettuce. They taste just like mini BLT ‘s. Never will I forget the day my Aunt Gail made these and we were all so impressed and in trying to come up with a neat name my cousin Mike said GLT ‘ s we all looked at him dumb founded when he said Great Little Tomatos! I treasure this because he has now passed on and each time I whip these up I thank him for this wonderful memory. So again, Thanks Micheal! -Kate Sullivan

5. Tamara Henry says

ooh! have you had the little tiniest gherkins wrapped in cream cheese and salami? to die for!!! seriously, you gotta try it.

For New Years Day I’ll make won-tons… everyone loves them. For New Years Eve I’ll make spinach dip, a 7 layer mexican dip, little smokies with bbq sauce… and a few more things. We’ll have the left over Eve stuff the day of too.

7. Anne says

The Salami Thing, do you put anything inside before you wrap it up? I would place a green onion in there and wrap it up and cut them into 3/4 inch sections. The perfect size to pop into your mouth! YUM!!!

8. Arlene says

Aunt Vi’s Pimento Spread
    8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese, softened (any other cheese pales in taste. I’ve tried!)
    8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
    1 small onion, diced very finely (optional)
    Small jar pimentos, including liquid
    Mix together
    Serve with your favorite crackers – I use Wheat Thins

My grandsons love grilled cheese sandwiches made with this spread.
    Enjoy!

9. Hollie says

Fun ideas! I was feeling burned out after Christmas, so thanks for the lift.
    One of our family favorites is a cheese dip, baked in a hallowed out loaf of bread.
    Happy New Year!

We always have some type of cheeseball, and then I try a few new recipes. This year I’m thinking of doing chocolate fondue. :)