Ree’s Pantry Pasta
I may be compensated for views and/or clicks on video advertisements in this post.You can see more videos like this at ulive.com.
- One small red onion - diced
- Minced garlic - I used 3 large cloves
- Pine Nuts - about a ½ cup.
- 1 regular can diced tomatoes
- Chicken broth - a splash she says. I used about ¾ cup
- Artichoke Hearts - 2 cups or so
- Green olives and Kalamata olives - roughly chopped. I bought medium jar of mixed.
- Feta cheese
- While the onion and garlic are sauteing, place the pine nuts in the oven on broil to toast, or toast in a skillet on the stove top.
- Add tomatoes to the onions/garlic and bring to a boil.
- Add olives, artichoke hearts and chicken broth
- Reduce heat so it's just a simmering boil.
- Add salt and pepper
- In a large sauce pan, boil water for your pasta. (I used a full box of Dream Fields Pasta)
- When the pasta is ready, drain, then pour pasta into the tomato mixture.
- Add a couple of teaspoons of Pesto
- Add crumbled feta cheese and gently stir.
- Add the toasted pine nuts and serve!
We use Dream Fields Pasta because it’s a lower glycemic pasta, so if you have blood sugar issues, you may want to look into Dream Fields. We love it. (I am not sponsored by them, although I should be)